VP, Device Engineering
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Amwell is looking for a senior engineering leader to run the teams responsible for design and development of telemedicine devices used in Health Systems around the world. As the VP of Device Engineering, you will drive the technology vision and execution allowing for access to providers anywhere there is a need. You will lead cross-functional teams which develop custom hardware, on device software with intuitive any highly capable interfaces, and cloud software used to manage devices and virtually connect physicians to the hardware capabilities of the devices in real-time.
- Guide the technical roadmap for Amwell at the highest level for device hardware and software architecture as well as the requisite engineering talent strategy and organizational structure to achieve major technical goals and product launches
- Work with other executives to establish company-wide strategy around Telemedicine Devices (hardware and software) with both in-house and partner product integrations
- Work closely with both internal resources and manufacturing partners on the strategy and execution at all layers of hardware and software development and execution
- Manage relationships with 3rd party manufacturers (i.e. ODM/JDM/CM) both domestic and international
- Manage R&D staffing and budget to execute on company goals
- Define and implement strategies to improve operational efficiency and differentiation of Amwell Devices in the marketplace
- Strong technical background with excellent problem-solving skills and proven technical leadership skills for a medium to large hardware and software engineering organization
- Working knowledge of hardware engineering, device software engineering, and device production for low-volume/high-mix Class 1 electromechanical medical devices and/or Consumer Electronic Devices
- Experience with cloud software infrastructure, services, and architecture preferred
- Working knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management, Quality Management Systems, Regulatory Compliance, Supply Chain Operations, Procurement, and Sourcing
- Experience with establishing and maintaining CM/ODM/JDM partnerships
- Experience with deployment and management of IoT solutions at scale
- 15+ years of relevant work experience
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are!
The typical base salary range for this position is $244,800 - $336,600. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Flexible Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance