Senior Technical Project Manager, Hardware
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Amwell Device Engineering group is looking to add a Senior Technical Project Manager to the Hardware Engineering team in Tyson’s Corner Virginia. This TPM will support sustaining and new product development of telemedicine devices as part of an agile and multidisciplinary hardware development team.
- Manage tracking and communicating priorities to Devices engineering teams both hardware and embedded device software/firmware
- Lead process adherence and associated artifacts, e.g., standups, JIRA boards, ECO releases – write and execute the playbook for HW product development
- Develop and deliver reports that convey project status and effectiveness of development operations to internal and external teams
- Manage, and as needed refine, the hardware and software engineering development life cycle process working in close partnership with team leaders including Product Management
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Champion communication on development work with cross-functional teams when needed (e.g., QA, Compliance, Release Management, Support)
- Manage 3rd party companies and resources when engaged on a project, including coordination with CM/ODM/JDM partners domestically and internationally
- Serve as a technical member of the team and provide experienced oversight to best engineering practices for Electrical, Mechanical, Quality, and Compliance
- Coordinate quarterly reviews of project roadmap with prioritization and advise on team capacity to tackle new product development and sustaining engineering needs
- Strong technical background with excellent problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of hardware engineering and device production for low-volume/high-mix Class 1 electromechanical medical devices and/or Consumer Electronic Devices
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management and a Quality Management System (e.g. Arena Solutions)
- Highly proficient with JIRA (e.g., managing boards, creating filters, creating reports in JIRA and from JIRA sourced data)
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies and processes, specifically with hardware devices
- Strong project management capabilities
- Experience working within interdisciplinary teams/squads (e.g. hardware and software)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to synthesize data into quick high-level sound bites
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are!
The typical base salary range for this position is $96,000 - $132,000. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Flexible Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance