Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Associate Software Engineer
Acquia is the open source digital experience company - we provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we’ve been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking an Associate Software Engineer who can contribute to our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services. As an Upgrades Team Associate Software Engineer, you will primarily be working on a range of critical internal systems, tooling and automation to enable migrations across platforms and tech stacks. You will work with your Principal Engineer, fellow engineers, Product Engineering, Operations and Customer Success teams to identify inefficiencies in our current services and processes, then propose and implement changes to streamline or automate remediation.
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will…
- Play a key role in transforming the methodologies we employ to construct, test, manage, and monitor our suite of cloud-based products and services, driving innovation in our approach
- Execute customer migrations between Acquia’s various platforms and systems
- Contribute to the automation of manual processes and actively participate in the development and enhancement of migration tooling
- Work closely with other engineers, architects, and stakeholders to design and implement software solutions that meet business requirements
- Participate in and conduct code reviews to ensure code quality, adherence to coding standards, and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for software applications, configurations, and processes.
- Engage in the software development lifecycle using the Scrum methodology
- Collaborate within a team setting, taking ownership and responsibility for the services you develop and operate
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- like solving complex challenges for scalable, low latency systems
- enjoy solutioning for a Cloud native environment
- have a passion for DevOps and automation
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Have exposure to cloud technologies, with a preference for AWS.
- Have understanding of containerization technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, or equivalent.
- Have 1 to 3 years of experience in software development with proficiency in Golang, PHP, and Bash scripting.
- Have familiarity with Unix-based operating systems and the ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Have experience working in Agile development environments.
- Have knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Have familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
- Have excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Have effective communication and collaboration skills.
Extra credit if you…
- Hold AWS/CKAD certifications
- Have a mindset to automate repetitive tasks
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.