Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Major Account Manager
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
We are seeking an ambitious Major Account Manager responsible for delivering against renewal and upsell targets as well as developing & maintaining existing customer relationships within the Federal government. In this role, you will proactively engage in the day-to-day Account Management of our top federal accounts; mitigating customer escalations and risks with the appropriate sense of urgency, and building strong cross-departmental relationships with other stakeholders in the organization. You will become the customer’s advocate within Acquia, creating a positive customer experience that ultimately results in the renewal of the subscription and account growth. You will work directly with Sales & Pre-Sales, Technical Support, Customer Success, Professional Services, Operations and Finance.
This position is designed for an individual who has account management experience, a high attention to detail and strives for customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have past experience working for a technology company in the Federal Government space. This is a great opportunity to hit a hot market with best-of-breed open source technology and be the front lines of our Account Management program.
The specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Exceed quarterly renewal, cross-sell and upsell goals.
- Expand and Maintain solid relationships with customers and ownership of customers’ success with Acquia platform services.
- Guide customers through onboarding of products and services.
- Maintain control of account direction and strategy
- Build relationships with strategic leadership level customer contacts
- Identify new opportunities and work to drive them to a close
- Coordinate with business users and procurement to ensure timely renewals
- Update and maintain Sales database as appropriate
- Must be able to proactively drive accounts with minimal oversight
- Strong collaboration with internal teams
- Generates trusted relationships with customers
- Ability to manage multiple systems and administration at once
- Keeping up to date with Acquia’s Federal go to market and security posture.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
In order to be successful at Acquia, you must have the following types of traits & skill set
- 5+ years working in a sales / account management role for a technology company, Federal/S&L government required.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, communication & cross-group collaboration skills
- Proven track record of sustaining & growing complex relationships within the Federal Government including closing the renewal and assisting with up sell / cross sell opportunities.
- Prior experience managing procurement life-cycle with the government.
- Has owned & exceeded a renewals quota.
- Has owned & exceeded an ACV Upsell/Cross-Sell quota.
- Renewal forecasting & analytical skills.
- Detailed oriented and organized.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter who can set and manage priorities
- Google Suite knowledge, including Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Experience with SFDC, JIRA, Gainsight and other tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Project Life Cycle Experience. PMP Certified or equivalent experience a Plus.
- Knowledge on Kubernetes Orchestration, Development Life Cycle, and AWS infrastructure a Plus.
Acquia is proud to provide best-in-class benefits offerings to our employees and their families in maintaining both a healthy body and a healthy mind. Core Benefits include: competitive healthcare coverage, wellness programs, take it when you need it time off, parental leave, recognition programs, and much more!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested residents of Colorado may contact NAfirstname.lastname@example.org as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.